Pakistan has issued and implemented its new visa strategy which enables tourists traveling to Pakistan from 50 nations to get a visa on arrival.
As per Interior Ministry’s notification, the new policy had become effective from April 15 2019. The new revised Pakistan Visa on Arrival has eased up the visa necessities for following 50 countries.
(Annexure-lll) – 50 countries will be granted Visa-on-arrival for individual tourist/group tourists as per following details:
|Angola||Japan||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Austria||Korea South||Saudia Arabia|
|Germany||Nepal||Trinidad and Tobago|
You must apply at least 48 hours prior of your travel to obtain Visa on Arrival, you can submit your application here.
- To avail the Tourist Visa On Arrival, you must be a citizen of countries listed above.
- Foreign nationals of Indian origin are also eligible to apply under this category for religious tourism purposes only.
- Tour operators approved by the Pakistan Directorate of Tourist Services (DTS) may be allowed to bring Tourist Groups under this category.
Citizens of United States of America, the United Kingdom, India, and Afghanistan won’t be able to benefit from the new visa regime.
Required Documents for Pakistan Visa on Arrival
- Invitation Letter by the sponsor or hotel booking details in case of individual tourist
- Invitation Letter in case of group by the tour operator designated by the department of tourist services
Duration and Validity of Pakistan Visa on Arrival
- Tourist Visa On Arrival is valid for up to 3 months.
- Nationals of Malaysia, Turkey and UAE may be granted a 30-day, multiple-entry visa upon arrival.
- 48 hours.
It’s not the end, NADRA has introduced an e-visa service as per directions of Interior Ministry earlier this year, Pakistan had announced to introduce online visa facility to residents of over 175 countries. You can find detailed post about Pakistan E-Visa in another post.